By Robert Molines
“Being Latin, coffee is in my blood, it’s a natural food in my system. Good coffee is like a good bottle of wine…Life is too short to have a bad one. fair coffee is up there with the best, and you can enjoy it at home!”
- 500ml cream
- 100g caster sugar
- 10g gelatine leaves
- 3 espresso coffee shots from Oxfam fair coffee collection
- 2g Kahlua
- 1 punnet of strawberries
- 1 soup spoon of caster sugar
- 1 soup spoon of lemon juice
- 1 soup spoon of balsamic vinegar
- 2 mint leaves thinly sliced
- Put the gelatine leaves in cold water to soften Warm the cream, sugar and Oxfam fair coffee to a 50 degree temperature. Mix well, add the Kahlua then the softened gelatine leaves.
- Strain the mixture and pour it into some small plastic dariole moulds and refrigerate for 6 hours.
- Marinate the strawberries with all the other ingredients and refrigerate to serve when the pannacottas are ready.
- Always best served with a pistachio biscotti or any thin biscuit or wafer.