By Simon Bryant
“I had the tough job of ‘testing’ as much product as I could bear for three days and for my level of cooking and “chocolate ability” I have to say there is plenty of product that well exceeds my benchmark level of required quality. Oxfams Premium organic dark 70 per cent is a total value for money pick and cooks up nicely.”
Oxfam fair taster
- 40g dried cherry (or dried cranberry if unavailable)
- 100g roughly chopped Oxfam fair dark chocolate
- 150g bakers flour
- 150g wholemeal flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 90g dark brown sugar
- 240ml buttermilk
- 65ml olive oil
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- Olive oil (extra) or butter, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and line a 6-cup muffin tin with greased muffin foils or baking paper.
- Mix all remaining ingredients gently in a bowl. You may need to add a little water just to bring the ingredients together, but try not to mix the batter as this will create tough muffins, just fold the mix together.
- Spoon the batter into pre-greased muffin foils or papers. Bake the muffins for 15 to 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean and tops golden brown.
- Serve the muffins with olive oil or butter.